Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Horses and Mangos and Report cards, OH MY!



Oi ve! It has been quite a busy week, for many reasons! Most importantly, here are pictures from Parents' Night last Tuesday:
Me in my classroom!!!

(Natalia, Brooke, Jenny, Alicia, Brewer, Holly, Karyn. Heads poking through in the back: Ms. Rojo and Karen)


We moved our girl dinner and Bible study to Thursday night, and it was pretty fantastic! Ceci made a wonderful chicken rice dish which we then ate for lunch on Friday also. Friday was a half day to help us get our report cards done. I still didn't have all mine finished so I had alot of work to do Saturday and Monday evening.

Sunday Holly, Ceci, and I went to a farm owned by one of the school board members. It was pretty much a WONDERFUL day; with good food, alot of Spanish, and riding HORSES!!!! We met some other youngish Dominicans, so that was really nice. I did get a TON of bites by various species of bugs, and even today I am still ready to tear off my legs.

A concern: Large, large frogs have started appearing....two smashed dead on the road by our house (hurrah!), and one in the Stanley's house (AGH!). I very worried about this situation...I actually had a small one on the OUTSIDE of my screen the other night....it was not ok. Anyone who was with me at the Sauters' pool this summer knows how I feel about frogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment