Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ironic thought for the night:

I'm currently writing an email to a close friend from college, who I lived next to Sophomore year. This reminded me to blog about something I have remembered before but kept forgetting to post. During my spring semester of that year, I took a Caribbean culture and society class. I was extremely frustrated with the grading system - about 5 multiple choice tests. (I am more of a paper writer. In terms of tests, I am more of an essay test taker). I was complaining to this friend and her roommate, and on more than one occasion I specifically remember bemoaning about the preciseness of the questions:
"Honestly, when am I EVER going to need to know what side of the road people drive on in the Dominican Republic??!!"

Too tempting of a question, it would appear. God has a sense of humor...

No comments:

Post a Comment