Sunday, February 14, 2010

water and thieves

Well, I think it's safe to say that this weekend is all over the place. On Friday night I finally got to watch The Blind Side, and it was fantastic!!! It's a great movie even if you're NOT from Baltimore, but since I am, I felt especially proud.

Yesterday morning, my two roommates went out for their usual Saturday morning activities (hair appointment and Awana), and I went with Holly, Brooke, the Stanley's and Mr. Stanley Sr. (visiting from MN) to a little something called the Upper Jimenoa. Which is a HUGE, gorgeous waterfall. The hike down was great; the hike back up is a little rough. But either way, the waterfall is amazing.

We were all set to get home and nap or eat, but about a minute after I went into my house, Holly and Brooke came down in near tears because their house had been broken into while we were gone. Their laptops have been stolen as well as money and their American cell phones. The laptops are the biggest loss though, since we use them to stay in touch with people at home. Whoever it was came in through a window and then used a rolling pin to bust off the door knobs on their bedroom doors (which were locked). It was a crazy afternoon with police reports (written in what appears to be a composition notebook...very official), stress, and trepidation.

We had a large sleepover in their living room last night complete with machete and mace, just in case. It resulted in not alot of concrete rest for me, so a nap is sounding pretty good right now. If anyone hears of or knows someone that would want to donate a used laptop, let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment