Thursday, April 15, 2010

Playa

No matter what my post says, it's about 9:45 am on a Thursday, and right about now somewhere inland, my kids are going outside for their morning break. I, on the other hand, have just woken up, and in my peripheral vision I can see my brother on his iPod, and my sister standing at the gate across the yard that separates us from the beach. Still watching creepily...she appears to be contemplating whether to walk down there or not.

It's a little disheartening to realize that my brother will head back to the States on Sunday. We've been having a wonderful time in Jarabacoa and again here at the beach. I will miss them when they leave, but it suddenly hits me that I'm five days away from having only two months left in this country. Two months! Where has the time gone?? Better question, what on earth will I do back in the States? Live with air conditioning and power 24/7? I might have to just turn everything off in the house once or twice to make it feel right.

I'm also happy to remember that I have ALL of the two months left! That can be a long time if I want it to. Thank goodness, because I'm not quite done with the waterfalls yet. There are still places to ride my bike, still some mountains that need climbing.
This is SUCH a beautiful country! If somehow I could have a tunnel from here to Baldimore, I would be set. I do like to have my cake, with sprinkles, and eat it too. With ice cream. Speaking of which, it's time for breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. you misspelled Baltimore. wow I'm disappointed! -nkb

    ReplyDelete