Friday, April 2, 2010

a (w)Holy week off!

Greetings from the last day of spring break aka Semana Santa aka Holy Week! Since today is Good friday, this week preceding it is Semana Santa, and thus, no class for me! It has been a blissful if not rapid week.

I should probably wrap last week up. I am in a happy no-students fog, so the only significant events I can recall from last week are A) Angel stabbing Brian in the face with scissors and getting suspended, and B) First Grade Store.
I should probably specify so it sounds less dramatic: Angel didn't really "stab" Brian in the face; APPARENTLY Brian was in Angel's way, so he brandished his scissors as a way to get through and they just so happened to graze Brian's face about 3/4 of an inch from his eye and left a mark. That's all.

Next, the wonderful Neal parents from Texas brought some great toys for First Grade Store, which is a once-monthly event. The cherubs start out with 5 First Grade Dollars every two weeks, and at the end of the month, if they haven't lost them due to bad behavior (like stabbing someone in the face with scissors), they get to spend them. Some of them bought fun sunglasses:


I am pretty excited about the upcoming week! My friend Ryan has been working with Food for the Hungry in Haiti, and he's going to end his time on Hispaniola in the mountains with us! It will be a fun week. FRIDAY my siblings are coming to visit and I CANNOT WAIT!!! Good times about to ensue!

Again thanks to people writing me letters...mail makes my day every other Tuesday!! I always tape the cards to my wall and I feel warm inside when I look around and see how loved I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment