Friday, May 14, 2010

stuck

Well, my computer cord broke again. And that new one I had broke too. So now I have two broken cords, and a new one on the way...but the DR customs rules just changed, so all our mail that was supposed to be here on Tuesday will be here May 25th.

That being the case, I'm probably going to cancel my affiliation with the mail service after May. So feel free to send me cards until the end of the month :)

It's another glorious three day weekend that we're about to head into, due to the elections. Elections here are different; everything is CRAZY. There are mile long parades with flags of the political parties colors weaving through town. Last night there was a concert hosted by the red (not communist related) party's congressman candidate and mayor candidate. My plan is to stay inside this weekend as much as possible to stay away from the craziness. They say there will probably be lots of recounts and possible burning of tires by the losers in protest of the winners. Sounds like a good time.

We're also having this crazy weather where it will suddenly and without warning downpour for 10 minutes, then lessen and stop. About 20-30 minutes later the whole thing starts over.

Looks like it's about time to go pick up my kids. just 2.5 more hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment