Friday, January 1, 2010

Break!

I'm currently sitting in my basement next to my dad (in his neck brace collar) watching Night at the Museum 2 with my family. It's pretty fantastic, especially after going to DC for New Years Eve, and prowling around some of the museums in this movie. (Side note: Amy Adams is reminding me of Nicole Kidman.)

It's been a wonderful two weeks here at home, although I haven't seen everyone that I would have liked, and it has gone very quickly. I am very ready to go back to my warm and moist climate. I'm also ready to see my friends, and eat what my stomach apparently thinks is normal food now. I'm not ready to see/teach my students...but we'll work on that :)

Plans for this semester:

1) Through my substitute status as a CCPL employee, I'm going to take some online non-credit classes, which I am so excited for!! I miss learning.

2) Figure out my plans for next year. There are so many options! I could stay in the DR another year, I could go teach with my cousins (the Heins) in Cambodia, I could go to another country (India, Morocco) with my cousin (Kaylie), I could go home and pursue my Masters degree.

3) Have adventures. To include, but not be limited to, beach trips with my friends, motorcycle rides through the country, and late night laughter. There's talk of a Tier vacation too, so I hope it comes to fruition!

4) Reflect on purpose, and my purpose, and my life.

Two more days and I'm back to my tropical paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment