Sunday, January 10, 2010

On the Mend

I’m happily writing this without a fever! Thursday afternoon I started feeling a little better, and then after Friday afternoon it was all uphill. (Meaning it got better, not harder.) I still spent most of the weekend relaxing and drinking fluids and eating all of Jenny’s Ricola’s, as the flu has left me with one of those attractive smoker’s lung coughs. It was a delightfully low key time. We watched a good amount of movies…Top Gun, (500) Days of Summer, and 2012. I also finally finished the Curious Case of Benjamin Button today. Oh yeah, I made my lesson plans for this week too. Sometimes I do work.

At 1 today I went on a motorcycle ride with Brewer and Karyn and it was glorious. Yesterday and today we had sunny, warm weather for the first time all week. I’m glad I went; I had been having lackluster feelings towards being here, especially being sick. The drive reminded me how beautiful this country is, and how wondrous it is to live here. And the phenomenon of 85 degrees in January. I wore my Heap jersey, in the hopes of causing the Dominicans to unconsciously start favoring purple. Speaking of which…

At 2 I watched (well, read about) the Patriots crumble to the mighty birds of prey. It was beautiful. At least, the ESPN gamecast (affectionately known around here as the ‘bar graph’) looked very nice. Once it loaded, that is; today’s internet was the slowest I have ever experience while being here. I would rank it somewhere around dial up speed.

Since we have officially entered rainy season, I purchased some clothesline and clothespins for hanging inside my bedroom. Bring on the miserable weather.

Time to go sleep up for Monday! The first graders will undoubtedly have forgotten anything I managed to teach them before the break, thus I will need extra patience. Due to the aforementioned internet issues, I’m not even going to attempt to upload a picture…

No comments:

Post a Comment