Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 2!

SURVIVED!! I think my Spanish is getting better pretty much every second. I have to tell my kids what to do in English, then translate it for them. It could be a very educational year for me.

Fan update: I went on a long walk into town last night and found the recommended store with cheap fans ($18-$25). I tried out a cheaper one, but it was too quiet, and if you know me, you may know I like ALOT of white noise. So, i asked if he had a louder one (mas ruidoso) and then he spent 15 minutes putting it together from a box. But it was SO worth it. It is one of the loudest fans I've ever heard, and I slept very well last night.

I cleaned some of our dishes and my fruits and vegetables that I bought. I can't decide what to make for my dinner tonight. I have a feeling guacamole may be on the menu :) I have two avocados, plus some onions and cilantro. Life is good.

Random side note: If anyone has any old Hide Em in Your Heart CDs they want to contribute to my class, I am on the lookout!!

At about 6ish pm tonight we experienced our first power outtage. I was messaging Kels at the time, but with out power, you have no internet. You also have a dark kitchen. So I poured myself some cereal and read the summer issue of Relevant Magazine. (An awesome couple here have a subscription. They also had us over for dinner last night and we had a great time!) The power stayed out for about 2.5 hours, so we did alot of reading by flashlight. I'm a little depressed that it gets dark by 8 pm. I miss summer already! AND I'm closer to the equator - aren't I supposed to have longer days??

In the interest of not boring my readers, I'll sign off now. Only two more days til the weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. A GREAT update Natalie! Glad to read you got your "white noise" and it seems like it really is doing the job! Come on weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I wonder what that guy thought when you asked for a fan that made more noise??

    ReplyDelete