Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 4

In an effort to be more pithy, I will try to sum events up in 1-3 sentences (each).

1) One of my little girls today said something about me knowing alot of songs. This after I sang to her the chorus of Jay Sean's "Down".

2) I don't know whether the kids who color the turtle pink and the tiger blue are artistic or deranged.

3) I have at minimum 13 mosquito bites on my left leg, and maybe a max of 5 on my right leg. Why the preference I don't know.

4) Just found one on my EYELID.

5) I played some alphabet songs from my iPod today and the kids didn't know what to do with music coming from somewhere other than the (broken) CD player. Also, the alphabet songs were loaded for teaching...I didn't just have them on there for fun.

6) word on the street is that there's some sort of tropical storm or depression headed our way. Good times sure to follow.

7) I tried to cook black beans today in an effort to be cultural, and I didn't realize that they take five weeks to boil. That may be an exaggeration, but they take a really long time.

8) This climate is making MY hair frizzy. And my hair doesn't do that.

9) Please note that I have to pay $1.50/lb on packages over 1 pound. Don't let that deter you from sending food. Or pretty pictures for my walls!! Which are pretty sparse at the moment.

10.) A memory from my first day here: I've always said I could live in a climate where palm trees grow. They were one of the first things I saw when I left my house my first morning. I think it was God winking at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment