Monday, September 14, 2009

a quick update...

I am ready to fall asleep, but some fun recent things:

Tonight I had dinner with a wonderful Dominican family who is part of the JCS school board. They have a daughter my age who speaks fluent English and we had a wonderful time talking. It was great to spend some time with a family.

I just need to comment on some of the glories of nature here. I have seen geckos and lizards crawling all over the place, I watched a crab scurry across the sand, I held a live starfish in my hands from the Carib Sea, and there's a dead moth being consumed by ants on our floor.

Tomorrow I am having two of my (english speaking) AM preschoolers over for lunch. They are two of my favorites; I'm pretty excited!

I really will put pictures up soon!

1 comment:

  1. It is great reading of all your God-sightings through nature yet out of everything you mentioned I just can hardly imaging actually holding a real, live starfish in your hands - how cool is that and it just makes me think of Pastors Bill & Linda's life-theme of "one starfish at a time!"
    Enjoy your lunch today with your two little preschoolers, I'm sure they have already fallen in love with you.

    ReplyDelete