Saturday, September 12, 2009

SOSUA!

What a glorious day. Yesterday we met at 7 am, brought a cooler and some drinking water and took a taxi van down to the beach. If you've never swam in the Caribbean, I highly encourage you to do so. The water was clear, turquoise, and warm. And cleaner than Waikiki beach. Hearing the ever cautioning voice of reason of my mother in my head, I dutifully applied SPF 50 to my arms, face, and shoulders, which proved to be wise. That sun was HOT in the afternoon! I kept moving my chair to stay in the shade.

The trip down was just as interesting. Absolutely beautiful countryside, but it has little collections of little houses of the poor. They use that corregated tin on their roofs.

My skin is covered in bites. I don't know what's in my sheets, but i'm spraying them with bug spray tonight and installing a mosquito net on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment