Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Week 4: half summation

This is quite the week thus far. Monday I started my time in the first grade. Quite a different schedule, but not altogether bad. Alot of lying and non English speakers is the main challenge at the moment.

Tuesday was a bit rougher only because the power went out Monday night right before I went to bed which mean no fan, making it A) hot and B) silent (until 3am when the rooster next door starts).

Bringing us to today, which was only problematic because my aide was absent due to feeling sick due to her pregnancy. Tomorrow is a day off for a DR holiday, which you would think I would spend sleeping in, but no, I am waking up at 5:30 am to head to Santiago for some optional training. Which I obviously opted for. I'm looking forward to it.

Every other Tuesday we have started having girl dinners. Last night was the second, and it was pretty fantastic. I have been thinking alot in the past two weeks about community, as obviously I am in the midst of one that is put together out of happenstance and not choice. While I was at Messiah (MC alum are laughing at me right now) there was alot of talk about community that I, like everyone else, rolled my eyes at. Looking back, community was such a huge part of college that I can't believe we didn't realize it. Anyway, the point is, fantasticly enough, Brewer was thinking about community recently as well, and asked if anyone would be interested in doing a Bible study/sharing time after our girl dinners to be more intentional about community. So I was pretty excited to hear that she was thinking along the same lines.

Dinner tonight is a plain old PB&J, since I went for a run/walk and my feet want to kill me.

Miss all of you and thinking about you!!

1 comment:

  1. Funny how those ideas from college seem more useful once you're out in the real world :) Wish I was going to see you at Homecoming next week, but you have palm trees and it looks like you're doing great. The safari idea was great, loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete