Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My classroom aide doesn't speak English!!

I'm here!! Where to begin?? I only have a few minutes before my afternoon class of Pre schoolers arrive. The morning class wore me out, so I'm not sure how I'm going to do another afternoon! Plus, I did not sleep too well due to all the noise. I'm praying I'll get a fan today to help with that.

It's pretty humid, but not too hot. I just went and did a little grocery shopping. There is apparently a fruit and vegetable market that I need to find too. Also, they don't refrigerate milk or eggs, which is going to take some getting used to.

My big morning favorite, cereal, can cost up to $6 here, so I opted for some cheap plain corn flakes :(. Feel free to send Post Selects and Honey Bunches of Oats. :)

Quick word on the internet situation: for some reason it's not working at my apartment, so I'm going to try and figure that out tonight. I might need a router or something (Dad).

I'm still overwhelmed by everything that I need to do (buy the fan, clean the house, organize my things), but I'm feeling pretty excited too.

It's just about time for the PM kids. I miss my home and all of you already!

5 comments:

  1. You started your classes already?! Whoa!


    Guess we should have stocked up on those Honey Bunches of Oats at Artscape. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! What will you ever do?!? With cereal, a fan, AND Internet?!?! How DO you do it? Download white noise. You have an iPod. Use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Mr. Will you need your "white noise!" Trusting you can get the fan and the internet connection working in your home soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey guess what! you're in the same time zone as us but the DR doesn't do daylight savings time. so that will be weird. ..unless i got my information wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nat! Glad it's not too hot with the humidity! Ick!
    Tonight you will sleep well, I'm sure. You'll be so exhausted you can't help but sleep. (I had Lucas most of the day today and I'm pretty tired. Can't imagine a whole class ful of them! But their cuteness counts for something, right?!)
    Will send cereal asap...but, warm milk?!
    This house seems empty w/o you! Love you Lots!Mom

    ReplyDelete